MAC 2011

HULLLOOOOOOOO.

SO. I'm back from Sabah! Three weeks in a kampung stuck with cows and chickens. It was great! This post is for Joanna btw, I think you're the only one reading this blog anyway. Even I don't read itxD ANYWAY. It would take FOREVER to type down everything that happened in those three weeks, but I'll do a short summary.

For the first two weeks, this was pretty much our schedule everyday:

5:30/6am (crazy early right): Wake up
7am : Breakfast! (usually biscuits with diluted tea/coffee)
8am : Quiet time [:
9am - 1pm : Lectures
2pm-3.30 pm : work duties
4-5pm : Outreach prep
6pm : Dinner
7.30pm(ish) : Discussion groups

Yup. Pretty busy schedule, didn't have much free time, and the free time we did have was mostly used to bathe/wash clothes. AND ONE THING YOU SHOULD KNOW, bathing in a sarong isn't as easy as it sounds. Well actually the bathing part is okay, but changing from your clothes INTO a sarong is a hard part. There's practically no privacy at all in the kampung ._. And I had to wash my own clothes. And of course, this blur spoilt city girl didn't really know what to do xD But I pro now k. Don't playplay.

Lectures were great, learned topics like

Forgiveness
Who is God
Our identity
Hearing God's voice
Relating with others
Submitting to authority
Spiritual Warfare
Sharing the Gospel

And there's more which I forgot :P My work duty for the first week was dinner cleanup which is basically washing dishes for the 50 people who have eaten plus the cooking utensils and stuff. Didn't exactly enjoy it but it was okay xD Helped me to know the others better. Second week, sweeping the church and washing toilets. I actually preferred this than washing dishes in the dark (and sometimes rain) And we just washed the toilets by pouring soap and water. It makes the flies dissapear anyway, so I guess it was clean :D

Outreach prep was basically preparing us for the last week. We were taught to teach kids personal hygiene, balanced diet, the story of creation and stuff like that. We were also taught how to share the gospel using games and the 4 spiritual laws.

And yeah lots of stuff happened in those two weeks, but the last week was my fav :D
We split into four teams, and we all went to four different kampungs. My team was the biggest, 14 of us altogether. Really respect my team leader for putting up with us xD My team went to Mangin, it's a really pretty kampung. LOVED the river there. It's just so calming. We had to bathe there everyday, which was kinda hard at first cos the river makes the sarong float upwards :l Hard to explain. Our team took the sunday service, did a few children ministry things, Youth ministry and we visited this guy's house and his name was Mr.Japonese. At first I thought we were visiting a Japanese family, which made me really confused :3 ANYWAY. why do I keep going off topic? OH we also went carolling with the church people, and boy, was that an experience. We walked like maybe 7km in total. 2km there, 3km from house to house, 2 km back. SO TIRING. And they were singing like Angels we have heard on high and silent night in BM. Or dusun. O.O We tried to sing along but kinda failed :P And also cos we were walking so much, nearly all of us had to go pee/poop. I just found a random tree and peed behind. xD One of my leaders got bitten by a monkey while looking for a place to pee D: Cos she stepped on it's tail. And it was pretty bad too. Her pants was covered in blood :l And she had to go to the clinic. Tip to keep in mind, Pee before you go carolling. Besides that we didn't do much, except eat ice cream :D Hahah but that's another story.

Then when we got back to kg.sarang, and shared what each team had done, it was pretty cool. They gave us 5 mins to act out what had happened in each of our teams, and it was HILARIOUS. One team managed to share the gospel to one family, got them saved, and baptised them the next day. SO COOL. The other teams had good experiences too. Our team acted out the monkey-biting scene which was hilarious xD It was great seeing all of them again, and we were so much more united and enthusiastic after we came back from outreach. Not sure why. Especially during worship on the last day we were together, it was just amazing. It felt like we were family.

I learned so many things during this camp. The first thing would probably to be humble. To adjust to a new lifestlye. To be willing to learn. Then the learning sessions thought me to forgive, open my heart. To love others, even if they are different from myself. Outreach thought me that it is so important to work together, and be on friendly terms with everyone on the team, It also thought me to be braver, not to be scared to stand on stage. I bulit new friendships. I've learned to appreciate all the luxuries I have here in KL. And it was so amazing seeing some of the students changed after the 3 weeks. But most importantly, this camp was all about God. I really experienced him for myself. I got to know him so much better. I got to know who I really was as well. I really thank God for everything he's done in MAC [: And of course my brother who made me go in the first place :P

Would I want to go again? Definately.

Okay, enough about Sabah. Since I came back, I've just been settling back into normal life. Just took the ALC aptitude(idk how to spell) test yesterday. It was hard ._. seriously. But Mr.Kevin calmed me down a bit. He kept on coming into the room and saying, "Are you okay? Don't force yourself If you don't understand. Are you freaking out? Don't cry!" It actually helped a bit. I was kind of freaking out, actually :P Hope I didn't do too bad. English was easy. It was math. Brain juice sucker.

Anyhow, I'm pretty excited about school next year :D

okthispostiswaytoolonggtgnowbai

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 - The lowest yet

This post might be a bit long.

It hurts.