list of blessings

I may continue my previous serious of Jesus > Religion someday....

but for now.

I am now in the UK, on the first day of my 3rd week of Uni. Its been an absolute buzz of activity and I have honestly been loving it lots. The amount of independence and control I have comes as very new and is a welcome change. It does feel really strange though, I have no constraints apart from the ones I set for myself. Basically, it feels strange to be a full on adult (apart from the fact that the money I use is not mine but I'm thrifty with it nonetheless)

I am the type who is attracted to novelty and new experiences, so moving here has been nothing short of exciting. There are so many friendships and new connections with people being made. Academic wise, I know it's going to be so challenging but I love the subjects I have this semester and the lecturers and tutors are really lovely.

I have been feeling extremely blessed since my arrival and thought i'll make a gratitude list of things I'm grateful to God for. Being constantly thankful is one of the secrets to a happy life so if things do get hard throughout the year, I have this list to look back on and remind myself that there's lots to be grateful for.

1. I love my halls of residence. It was my 3rd option but it's turned out to be the best. Its right in the city and it's so convenient to go anywhere and get anything.

2. I have the best flatmates who are really considerate and just really lovely people. it's great to be able to come back and chat with them about  our days and play monopoly deal with. The others in the halls are pretty great too, I really like that we can go from messaging and seeing each other in the corridor in seconds.

3. Cheltenham is just a really quaint and lovely town.

4. There's a rock climbing club and if you know me, that's right up my alley! I'm glad to be able to continue that hobby here as well, and with some pretty fun people.

5. My mom prayed really hard that I wouldn't get the basement room and i ended up getting the penthouse and am paying 3 pounds less than I'm supposed to be paying each month because they got my room mixed up. So i'm getting a bigger bed and more space that i should be getting. pretty sick.

6. Speaking of sick, I've been pretty sick actually but have just recovered. Definitely grateful.

7. Church community here.  I was worried I may not be able to find a church that i feel comfortable with. But I came here, and I'm spoilt for choice. Still deciding on my home church but I'm really liking God First so far. They give free pens with the name of the church on it. Nice smooth ball pens they are as well. Very Kingdomcity, very familiar. In other aspects as well!

8. This is just a random one since this blog post was interrupted by me agreeing to do dishes for Flat 10. I got a pound when I only asked for 20p so that's something to be grateful for as well haha!

9. Asian community. It's just good to be with people who grew up with the same culture an underlying customs and values. And of course have hot pot together.

10. My community back home in malaysia and other friends who are studying overseas. SO grateful for technology that has helped me stay connected with my dear ones back home. Skyping with paul mae gaston bala and shannon on my birthday made me so happy.

11. Free entry and a free bottle of some sparkling alcohol into the local club here. It was my first experience in a club and it was all the better because it was free hahhah. I am a rather awkward dancer but i realized that half the people in the club are about as awkward as me too so all was good.

12. Helpful tutors and lecturers who really go all in to help us malaysian students as much as they can.

13. I got my skateboard that i've been wanting to get and my parents paid for it as well. honestly i am so strange, like what kind of 20 year old girl gets a skateboard for her birthday........ but anyway #blessed. oh ya also japheth sacrificed his weekend to spend it with me, he's great.

i'm sure there's more but i just had a whole load of rice and its a chore keeping my eyes open. til' next time.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 - The lowest yet

This post might be a bit long.

It hurts.