Just more updates

My last post was only a month ago, and i'm updating already! damn! 

I thought I'll add on some things to my list of things to be grateful for.

- I got my assessment results back for my first assignment. It was an assignment that only 4 of us students from Malaysia had to do. Basically because we're doing a top up and only joining them in their last year of uni. It was an assignment that had to do with British legislation and British safeguarding policy. Apparently my results were better than most of the local students. And i did super last minute work. By super last minute, I mean SUPER LAST MINUTE. I'm talking about uploading my assignment at 11:58pm when it was due at 12am. I'm talking about starting the 2500 word essay with 20 hours before 12am. I'm talking about working on the essay while on a 4 hour train ride from Cheltenham to Cambridge, with a transfer at London Paddington to Kings Cross. I'm talking about fitting in a dumpling session with my host (so i won't be a rude guest, just working on my assignment while she pays for my accomodation) within those 20 hours. Yeah. I don't recommend it, kids. On the underground in London I was honestly so stressed out and had a massive headache that I put my forehead on the metal holding poles in the train because the metal was cold and it helped numb the stress. Then after a few minutes I realized I was in a public place and was probably being innappropriate. No one in the train cared tho, I guess because it's London. You see many stranger things in London. ANYWAY. I'm so glad that I got much better results than I expected, and I can only say it is by God's grace.

- The above experience has led to me being like "I need to get my shit together or else I will probably die this year". So I have actually started studying and actually staying home more. Deb staying home? Actually spending hours in her room? Reading? Crazy, I know.

- Time alone, walks, and autumn. I have had a bit more time alone this month, which is closer to what I thought my life here would be like when I thought about it in Malaysia. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time walking around alone, painting at the park, seeing familiar faces in town. The walks through Pitville especially during autumn has been so beautiful. The falling and fallen brown and red leaves. The beautiful glow of everything when golden hour hits.

Also, fun fact. The time here changes. Like because winter is coming, the clock moves an hour back. I don't really understand it and at the moment can't be bothered to find out. But ya. I just learnt this like a month ago and the turning of the clock happened like 2 days ago. Quite cool.

There's 2 quite major things in particular that I am also quite grateful for and they are major life updates, but one I'm not allowed to share yet, and the other I'm not quite comfortable with telling the public yet. Maybe in a month or 2. C ya then

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 - The lowest yet

This post might be a bit long.

It hurts.